AAE has an established reputation in the field of manned and unmanned aerospace engineering focused on the following:
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Aerodynamic Design
- Flight Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Avionics Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Propulsion Engineering
- Building Composite Structures
FAA Flight Test Development and Certification. AAE's founder has more than 20 years of experience working with the FAA on Type Certificates and Supplementary Type Certificates . During the management of a certification program , AAE would conduct the following tasks :
- Arrange for the FAA Type Certification Board Meetings.
- Negotiate the Compliance Check List with the FAA.
- Generate Non-Compliance Notifications.
- Compile a comprehensive Project Specific Certification Plan (PSCP).
- Develop a detailed Program Proposal and Schedule with tangible milestones.
- Schedule weekly project management reviews.
- Apply for the Test Inspection Authorization from the FAA.
- Write and submit the Test Plans.
- Manage the Design Review Process.
- Conduct the Safety of Flight Review Process.
- Create and maintain a robust Configuration Management Process.
- Submit a Statement of Conformity to the FAA.
- Manage the document, drawing and engineering change process.
- Submit a detailed drawing tree and a master drawing list.
- FAA will issue a Type Inspection Authority (TIA).
- Create strict guide lines for the FAA approved Minor Change process.
- Conduct the ground and flight tests.
- Compile and submit the Type Inspection (Certification) Reports .
- An aircraft type certificate (TC) or supplementary type certificates (STC) will be issued after all outstanding items have been resolved, the airplane flight manual has been approved and the type certificate data sheet prepared. At the successful completion of the program , the FAA will issue a design and manufacturing Technical Standard Order (TSO).
AAE has also designed, built, and flight tested a variety of unmanned aircraft sizes from 6 lbs. to a 2,000 lb Tilt Wing Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL) . A select, highly skilled team of engineers is readily available.
From concept through to production, we're always available to support your team.
Flight Test Engineering
We can supply planning of specific or general test phases including flight cards, safety tests, along with flight monitoring.
- Certification of any product for a FAA Supplementary Type Certificate (STC) or a complete aircraft design Type Certificate (TC) for transport category Airplanes (Part 25) or general aviation Airplanes (Part 23) and (Part 27) Normal Category Rotorcraft and Part 29 Transport Category Rotorcraft.
- Advanced Development with the aircraft pre-prototype phase.
- Research and Development with the aircraft prototype phase.
- Advanced Development to FAA Certification.